Dr Kannan is a part time, Staff Specialist in Urogynaecology at Queensland Health where she routinely performs pelvic reconstructive and gynaecological surgeries.
Private rooms are at Park Haven Medical Centre and inpatient services are provided at Mater Women’s and Children’s Hospital at Hyde Park and Mater Misericordiae Hospital at Pimlico.
Teaching roles / affiliations
- Member of Urogynaecology Sub-Committee of RANZCOG
- Member of selection committee of Urogynaecology subspecialty program of RANZCOG
- Teach Obstetrics and Gynaecology to undergraduate medical students at the school of medicine at James Cook University, Townsville campus. during their rotations at Townsville Hospital.
- Teach O& G Registrars in training under the RANZCOG fellowship program.
- Teach & Supervise visiting fellows from Australia and overseas.
- Examiner, DRANZCOG
- Haravard Macy Institute Scholar
- Teaching faculty, Vaginal Surgical Skills Workshop, Townsville, QLD since 2007 -2014.
- Teaching faculty, Basic Surgical Skills Workshop, Queensland Unit of RANZCOG, since 2007-2014.
- Undergraduate Examiner, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, James Cook University, since 2006.
- Facilitator, Perineal Repair Workshop, Department of Nursing, James Cook University, since 2006 - 2014.
- Facilitator, Anatomy of Complications Workshop, Clinical Training and Education Centre (CTEC), University of WA, Perth.
- Facilitator, Obstetrics emergencies workshop by Rural and Remote GP network
- Teaching faculty, URPSSI annual events 2008 & 2009 at Chennai, India.